Reading time: 3 minutes
How to Find the Hottest Products that will Sell on eBay – Part 2
We’ll show you THREE techniques to find the Hottest Products that will sell on eBay (Techniques 2 & 3 will come in the coming posts). If you haven’t yet read How to Find the Hottest Products that will Sell on eBay – Part 1, I strongly recommend reading it first. Everything here is based on that important introduction.
The techniques here are a tiny bit…technical and you need to follow the steps one-by-one to understand the process. After you do them a few times the process become second nature and easy.
Technique #1 – Following Experienced Sellers on eBay:
- First of all check out the “Best Seller List” on Amazon.
If you don’t know where that is, Google the words “Amazon Best Sellers“. BTW If you’ve read our How to Find the Hottest Products that will Sell on eBay –Part 1, you might ask why we are sending you to the Best Sellers List (didn’t we write that you shouldn’t sell Best Sellers on eBay???).
Don’t worry. You’re not going to sell these (yet). You only need to go to that list to find the best-selling SELLERS of eBay.
- Pick any product you like from the Amazon Best Sellers and copy the titles to the search bar…in eBay.
- See who sells these products.
- Look for eBay sellers who have between 700-2000 positive feedbacks (its that little number to the right of their ID on the search page). We suggest tracking those with more then 700 FB, because it means they are successful sellers. Also avoid those with much more than 2000 FB because it means they are so big that you won’t be able to compete with them on price or sales record. 700-2000 is somewhere in the middle.
If the sellers you find are also Top-rated sellers, then they are the perfect match for this technique.
- Click on “See other items” for this seller.
- Check in the list of items they sell, whether they are listing typical Amazon-to-eBay Drop-shipping products. How do you know this? There are two characteristics for a drop-shipper product:
- They sell many very different types of products and not only one line (like only smartphones or kids clothes).
- The photos in their listings all have a clean white background (which means they are STOCK photos).
- Filter all the items that they actually sold (and not everything they have listed). You do this by clicking the “Sold Items” on the left of the search results.
- You’ll now see all the items this seller sold in the past few weeks and even how many times the items were sold.
- Pick a few of these hot items, copy their titles back to Amazon and list them on eBay!!!
At first this process will seem complex, but once you do it a few times it becomes easy.
For more techniques on how to Find the Hottest Products that will Sell on eBay, see our next post.
BTW, there’s a very professional and accurate way to find products from successful sellers through a fantastic research service called Terapeak. We’ll be writing a few posts on how to use that service. Click here to learn more about Terapeak.
If you learned something new from this post, please comment below and join our Facebook group here for more dropshipping tips & tricks
Wishing you much success!